Sunday, August 02, 2015

Summer fresh flowers




Summer fresh flowers. That is all I could think of as this painting progressed.
I did a "first" painting and was really fighting the texture of the board as I was painting
over an old work. Many layers of paint are good sometime but
 not yesterday.
So I pulled out a clean board with a neutral grey background and proceeded.
The bouquet grew.
Patterns emerged.  
Lights. Darks. 
It all just happened.
Love the result.

8 x 8

oil

to Purchase go here

4 comments:

  1. This is so soft. Beautiful Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think YOU had something to do with it just happening! Looks like you were totally in that magical zone. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you - I love the result too. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Helen! Your intricate brushwork makes this so exciting! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete