Monday, May 25, 2015

Trees on Eastman




This is going to class with me on Wednesday. We were to draw and then paint a small painting of something we really cared about. When I walk on our lane I always admire and study the majestic eucalyptus trees.. They are such a presence.

This is 6" x 8".
In class we will take it larger and perhaps abstract it somewhat.
We have been concentrating on shapes and notan.

Now it is such a cool painting I am wishing I had a little orange on a brush.
I would add some excitement!

I hope you had a lovely holiday weekend. 
I did.

And thank you to all who serve, have served.

4 comments:

  1. You are back on form! Love this and I always have liked the eucalyptus tree bark color after they shed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'e doing a great class ! Would love to see this one abstracted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful trees that have life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your term "majestic" is so apropos for these trees. So many of the early California Impressionist paintings depict their grandeur. You have a more intimate view which I love!

    ReplyDelete