Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Three more.........


 This abstract emerged as they all do. I call it Intersections. 
As much as I wanted different marks on the board, intersections kept appearing.
To me it also looks very fertile.

8 x 10

oil





This abstract speaks of weather.
Elements perhaps.

8 x 8

oil




For a change I painted all of the above without a specific word in mind.
I let them happen.

This last one is my purple and yellow  reworked.
It has much more movement and lots to say.

8 x 8

oil


5 comments:

  1. Very successful abstracts. Love your color palettes, too! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your squares, the first one is a great favorite, love the colors, but they are all very good !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Helen. I am drawn to the large swaths of color in all of them and the mixtures of colors in them. I think the mark-making in #3 is very complimentary to the whole. It's exciting to see your discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, I love your abstracts and I can just "see" you allowing the paint to speak to you and assist in your creations. Great work!

    ReplyDelete