Sunday, February 15, 2015

Three abstracts



This abstract was started thinking of the phrase spring day.
And then it became what it is. Spring yes, Summertime yes.
Happy for sure.

8 x 8

oil










 I love working with purple and gold. And pretty soon there was this interesting
shape almost in the center of the painting which had such presence.
This one I turned many times.
It is something different in each direction.

8 x 8

oil








We actually did have a rainy last week when I started this one.
It took some looking and waiting and painting.
This  is where I stopped.
Amazing how those windows of mine keep popping out.

8 x 8

oil

11 comments:

  1. What FUN! Love the 1st ONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. It seems the 1st one is the favorite of many of us. Probably because it is a fun one.

      Delete
  2. That first one really says,"Spring!" to me!! I'm reminded of daffodils and crocus as the season begins. I love the patterning in paint you've created in the pale yellow rectangle on the right side. And, that splendid little stroke of red violet within the more neutralized purple just grabs me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite......until another favorite comes along. It was fun to do. Happy indeed.

      Delete
  3. Three great abstracts with wonderful color harmonies, I specially love the first and the last one, I could see them on my wall ...in big ! Keep going Helen !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I enjoy how abstract seems to give me freedom to experiment with different mark making. And color. don't we all love color.

      Delete
  4. I like the diversity - shows you are truly experimenting. . I agree with carol. I love that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly experimenting......like you and yuppo!

      Delete
  5. All of them are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celeste.. I am having fun.

      Delete
  6. They are all lovely, and I especially like that first one! :)

    ReplyDelete