Monday, December 22, 2014

Purple and orange abstraction







This painting was done sometime in November. It is a class work with the assignment
being to take a reference photo and make an abstraction using the photo for inspiration.
I used a photo of the barns below our property.
You have seen them many times in red and green.
I first developed my notan.
Then I loosely painted the scene.
 I then turned the painting and worked on it from different directions.
As you can see, I also used other instruments to make marks.
Great fun.
I have not painted for several weeks but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
I will pick up a brush again soon!

14 x 14

oil

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Helen. There's a movement to the painting that makes me think of music notes , love the purple !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark pattern is fabulous in this one. Great colors and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the limited violet palette is just perfect with the touches of yellow. I like that all the shapes are just suggested and seem to tell a story.very nice

    ReplyDelete