Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Numbers 2 and 3



 Number two interested me because when I added the third pear I got such a strong straight line going down the left side of the pears. This is a good contrast to the curvy lines and fulness of that pear on the right. The question remained about strong values. Lights light enough?

8 x 8

oil




So a high key painting results from the above question. These lights are light! Here I am getting more of the juicy feeling that comes with pears. Love the play of warm and cool.

6 x 6

oil

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing one set of rounded pears and the other one more angular.
    You are having a really good time aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, I think you are changing your style here - I love the pairs on the top photo. The colors are wonderful and I love the dark underpainting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the three pears painting! Great colours and composition!

    ReplyDelete