Friday, June 06, 2014

Landscapes





 Here is my second 15 minute study from class on Wednesday. I found that 15 minutes works so well as there is no time to futz. My notan was decided before the time limit started as was my palette. So it was just paint and paint quickly.
6 x 6
oil 
SOLD




This is the first study. I was concentrating on shapes.  Again 15 minutes. Lovely, rolling hills.
How simply can one convey one's message?
5 x 7
oil



Here is my reference photo.
Beautiful Sonoma County.

2 comments:

  1. That's interesting Helen, if you hadn't said so I wouldn't have thought you did these in 15 minutes ! I thought,wow, this is all about shapes, few brushstrokes, and it comes out like a beautiful and fresh landscape ! Wish you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great exercise with great results.

    ReplyDelete