Thursday, February 06, 2014

Revisions and Elements



This is an old painting that fell on the floor resulting in a big chip in the lower corner. So, with nothing to lose, I got out my big brush (after gessoing in the chip) and updated away. My "experiment" was to change the sky color so that it made more sense with my palette. When I photographed the painting I was not happy with the results. So I went to Elements and used color correction and this is the result. Now the colors are much more intense, much closer to the actual painting. I really lived with this one a long time and am pleased with the results. Now I can't wait to paint it again.........as I know I can develop it even further. Really emphasizing the negative shapes in the trees just seems to be calling............

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great feeling of light! You made great decisions here out of what could have been a disappointment with the fall.Lovely current color in the buildings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unusual and striking colors , a very successful experiment!

    ReplyDelete