Sunday, January 05, 2014

Ticino Summer


The Daily Paintworks Challenge this week is about
painting a summer work as many people in the
United States and abroad are experiencing very
cold weather. In the northeast and midwest, very cold is an 
understatement.
So I chose a photo I had from a trip to Switzerland in 2011. Two palm trees. I have always 
wanted to paint them. Thanks to this weeks challenge, I did!
 Love the oranges popping through from the painting I covered up. 
Summer for sure........

6 x 6

oil

5 comments:

  1. It is funny, but I never think of Switzerland and palm trees together. This has great structure and love the muted background color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on staying with the challenge! I like the idea of painting summer in the cold weather! The warmth and volume in the palm fronds really stand out well as a nice focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think of palm trees in Switzerland! They are beautiful and are the definitive focal point! Very nice Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Helen for sticking it out with me! I love your painting here, nice grays! I'm glad to be back, it was a good break for me:) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful greens and greys, and lots of warmth in the palms, love this painting. Wonder where in Switzerland you made the photo, could it be around Lugano ?

    ReplyDelete