Sunday, January 12, 2014

More value study work






Yesterday it was a very grey day looking out the studio window. So with no definite light source I concentrated on value, what blended with what, just looking and observing as much as I could.

I also worked on two abstracts this weekend. There is more to do before I post.
I am learning to nudge objects out of the painting...........to see what my paint strokes have been trying to say.
 
And I did another Ticino summer which will be up tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. I like this very much, Helen...it has a nice feeling and lush blending of values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good value work, which is something that is a constant for us all to practice. I like the abstract shapes created by the branches

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely, Helen. Great atmospheric colors.
    I love the wonderful negative shapes between the branches.
    I am looking forward to seeing your new abstracts. You are being very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your composition is great. The tree being slightly off centered with the branches making a nice design. Wonderful value study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a good idea..to paint a value painting on a gray day. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete