Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year



As many of you know, I love to revisit the same subject many times. This is, once again, the tree outside of the studio. It is trying to lose it's leaves but we are in drought conditions and it just kind of looks burnt. That was hard to capture for sure. But I love the vista. The tree, the old fence and the background that is made up of trees, barns, and other things that just fade into the distance. Since it was all about the tree, I just let the rest of the painting kind of fade. It was not the star.

Here is my new year's wish........to new paintings, to delving deeper into my familiar subjects, to keep enjoying the wonderful blogs of my art community, to sharing. A heartfelt thank you to everyone who looks at my art, who buys my art, who comments on the process. We are all precious to one another.
And that it what it is all about!

6 x 6

oil

1 comment:

  1. I love how you made the leaves with rich painting , the colors and the strokes. What a great view from your studio. Wish you all the best for the New Year ! xx

    ReplyDelete