Sunday, November 24, 2013

Warm up





I am working on two larger paintings but I did this small one as a warm up exercise. I need to remember to always do a warm up......they are fun and really help you on your way for the day, or the hour you have for painting right then.
So, pick an item from your painting stuff. Not as easy as I thought.
This little container that I use to hold my odorless mineral spirits....such a major part of my painting time. Just a little grey can like thing. Necessary. Useful.
And I hope fun.......

8 x 8
oil

4 comments:

  1. This is just what I am dealing with at the moment. I thought this was a paint bucket when I first saw it and then I read it was a little container. Scale- it is an important and interesting part of painting. I am painting a feather and it is larger than a typical feather. It has been a problem for me how to show the size. I like this painting, Helen, and can see it doesn't matter what the size is only the imagery of the painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This caused me to imagine other things one could put to point out scale.....and so many of them could be any size! Fun things to ponder......and hope you had a great birthday!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like this. It may be something simple , but the great contrasting shadow and the colors in the background make this a very interesting piece, great warm up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blue in the can and the warm brown against it. Very familiar and I like the simplicity of this.

    ReplyDelete