Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Going Larger



After doing a small version of this painting in class two weeks ago, I knew I wanted to tackle it larger and so I went for it. This must be about 18" x 24".  I will measure down at the studio tomorrow but for me, it is large. I do like the light pattern which is what captured my interest the most. I might wish my darks were darker. What I do really know is that this particular scene is captivating for me and very much revisitable. (ok, spellcheck does not like that word but it says what I feel)
Love the planes playing off of each other.
Love the history it holds.

Measured. 
20 x 24
oil

2 comments:

  1. I love it for the same reasons as you ...specially the light that hits those walls , brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Helen. This is wonderful - you must be proud.
    The roof line could not have been easy but you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete