Sunday, September 01, 2013

Day One





 
 
Happy Day. It is day one of the second 30 day challenge that Leslie Saeta has sponsored this year. Many of us are approaching it differently than we did in January, learning from that experience.
She took the words right out of my mouth. Be easy on yourself, have fun, learn and explore. 30 paintings in 30 days is a goal not a rule.  
One thing you will notice is that I will approach the same subject several times. Push, pull. Laugh and learn...or play with paint.

Brownie, as I call her, is a very proud animal. Beautiful golden and red highlights in her coat. This is a subject I can push. In fact, next I will lighten the background and see if that pops it a bit. And really push the colors in her body.
Away we go.
 
oil
5" x 7"

5 comments:

  1. You are starting off with a real stunner, Helen. Good for you. I love the close harmony with rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely painting Helen! looking forward to the 30/30 and your paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Julie...will this be a theme?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece has great personality!
    See you around in Leslie's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on taking on the challenge! This is a marvelous start... he's got that 'know it all' look.

    ReplyDelete