Monday, August 05, 2013

The process



 This is the result of two studies you have seen recently. Here I did an 8" x 10", really concentrating on the path of light. When I reviewed the painting, I felt it needed more lights. When I looked at the photo I was not so sure. Oh, another work in progress. I will see how I feel on my next day in the studio.





In total frustration I picked up the watercolors and just went for it. The distance seems to work nicely and the whole thing is freer and looser which I like. But the foreground does not work. Too many midtones is one of the problems. But one never paints without learning. And I got to paint.

1 comment:

  1. I like them both for different reasons.
    The oil is an interesting design with a feeling of structure and distance.
    The watercolor has a beautiful coloration and still with a feeling of distance - in a different way than the oil. Looks to me like you are having a good time painting.

    ReplyDelete