Friday, August 02, 2013

More Studies





 Wednesday our painting class met at a local park that looks across the river to the hills south of Petaluma. It was a perfect day......clear with a fresh breeze but not windy. No blown over easels.

I did two studies playing with the notan and hoping to find a rhythm in the landscape . I was looking for S curves and  gestures  in the scene before me.

I am happy with the studies and will take what I learned and apply it to a larger canvas.
You get to vote........square or rectangular?




And in case you are wondering, the grey-blue on the left is a path......not a river. The river is buried out of sight behind the green horizontal.....along with the freeway!   A big challenge will be to make it a certain path.......not water.

2 comments:

  1. my vote - rectangle.
    I simply love the design in it.
    and even though the top one has the path taking you right into it the other one gives me more movement and a feeling of space.
    the colors are lovely in both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie. The rectangle has good design and a lot of energy. The square is static even though the river carries the eye to the horizon where it dead ends. Very nice palette.

    ReplyDelete