Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Washington Barn




Many of you saw this photograph on my facebook page that I posted during our Washington vacaation. Here is my first study. There will be more as I am working out several things. The shadow is too dark and how much of the barn should be visible. Is the painting about the tree or the barn. The tree is pretty awesome. But then so is the barn. You may certainly voice your opinion. I would love it. So this one was fun and I will do more. This is not a  painting for sale. It is just a sharing of my process.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you've broken up the composition with the peak braking it into thirds. The tree has a good silhouette and if that shadow were transparent, I don't think it would seem as dark. nice work Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your beautiful do on Jo's blog. Wonderful

    I agree with mary on the above painting.

    ReplyDelete