Monday, July 01, 2013

River canoe







Art class painted on the Petaluma River last week and I found this little scene to be fascinating. Love the shapes and the shadows. I did a smaller version with too much mid-tone. So I started from scratch  and the second time I feel I did a much better job of defining values.

8" x8"

oil


Please check out my  Auction Page, on Daily Paintworks. I put some older works up at a great price. It is time for them to find a new home. And I love to share my art.
I so appreciate you looking and commenting.

5 comments:

  1. Not a ripple and it says so clearly it is water. Wonderful - Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, Love the feeling of this one. You can see the weather. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful in all it's simplicity , a very tranquil painting with lovely soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a clear reflection on both the boat and technique- very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. It felt good....composition and palette.

    ReplyDelete