Monday, July 15, 2013

Another work in progress







This is a large painting I have been working on for some time. Stampede Lake, up in the Sierra's off of Highway 80 is a lake we love to visit. There are always geese, coming and going. These geese were feeding and enjoying posing for us. I like the geese in the background, I think I finally got the gesture of the front goose, so the water remains the question mark. Too intense........not sure. But the sky was blue, blue and so the water was blue, blue. Her head and neck  are in the  center........do not like that!
Cropping ideas............?

20 x 24

oil

2 comments:

  1. very nice painting. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaceful and graceful. The colors are so beautiful in this one Helen, so I think they are right.

    ReplyDelete