Thursday, June 13, 2013

Studies



Yesterday was art class and we were at the turning basin in downtown Petaluma. This particular boat took my fancy so here you see me practicing both boats and keeping a skyline back, just suggesting it. 
Lots learned, the chief one being........more paint. Mix more paint. 

nfs


This is a 6 inch study of a scene at Serene Lakes. I tried to paint it large but failed. Now I am thinking.....why did I paint it on a 20 x 24 when I liked it square. I do hope to develop the scene more as it shows lovely morning light coming down the valley.

So where am I?  Learning, painting, with never a stroke wasted.
Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Love the cool colors of the boat and the study is a great abstract. The colors you chose are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and that is maybe what painting is all about, pleasure ! These studies look great, the first one is perfect like this with bold strokes , and the second one has some beautiful and soft colors , a more emotive feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for looking and commenting,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been observing. On the AHA show last week it was mentioned .one of the best things to do is improve your visual memory. To get out there and observe .

    ReplyDelete