Friday, April 19, 2013

More Peppers




Well here we go.  I have visited and  revisited these works several times and I just keep learning. It is a wonderful experience to go so deeply into a subject. But now it is time to say, these are done. The next learning step will go into the next paintings.

Above I just scrambled some peppers of two  different sizes. Let them fall where they may.
It has at least three layers on it which makes for beautiful texture that you cannot see so well in a photograph.

Observation.......the swoop of the pepper feels so good to lay down on the board. Freeing.

6" x 8"

oil








This set-up has seen several transitions. I loved ( in the set-up) the large pepper with the small ones but the more I played with it, the less it appealed to me. I hope you can feel the largeness of that big pepper. It was beautiful. It is dominant.

8" x 10"

oil 








What next? That was the issue. How to keep things loose. How to push the subject. 
These are all valid questions that I am playing with and learning about.
And yes, there is more to come!


8" x 8"

oil

Have a wonderful weekend. In these crazy times we just need to love each other. 
I love and honor each and every one of you who so faithfully keep track of this blog.
And tomorrow I paint!

1 comment:

  1. Helen, I really love the layers and the looseness in the first one and the awesome light in the last one , both gorgeous. You are right, we should love each other some more, the world has really gone crazy. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete