Friday, March 08, 2013

Class work




Art class is always fun and fruitful. Yesterday was no exception.
We did a 30 minute exercise painting what we wanted from the still life set up.
I decided on the pottery with cactus, very simple.

Amazing reflections on the pottery of the table coverings.



10 x 10
oil 






The second part of the morning was to repeat your painting keeping it as simple as possible.
Still the 30 minute limit.
Simple shapes, simple shapes.
Oh, the reflections are green.
Learning, learning.


10 x 10
oil

2 comments:

  1. I know I have said it before but I do admire your teacher, Helen. This is a great exercise and your colors are more intense and it has more of an abstract feel in the second one. This is the way you find our your own personal response - right?
    I want to thank you for all the effort and time you put into making your blog interesting, Helen, which in turn makes me want to return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Julie. I love to share my journey and I love the journey. My own personal response...........yes, some days it is found and some day are filled with searching! But I know it is there. Have an absolutely wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete