Monday, January 28, 2013

Number 27 Flowers revisited








 We are on the last week of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I am going to try to revisit some of the things I painted to see how differently I feel or how differently I approach the subject. I did find that while I had plenty of time this weekend, I was really dragging. So it seems there is something to be said for having a day or two off. I feel I need to be refreshed. Spritzed. LOL

I was trying to get some gentle s curves into the composition and was so aware of shadow and light. I am on the road. Love the fact that I almost lost the vase.

Leslie Saeta is the artist who devised this challenge. Click and look. Such a wide variety of artists in many different stages of their careers. Fascinating.

8 x 8
oil

4 comments:

  1. Love these flowers, great bouquet with beautiful movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have painted this as if it is emerging from the shadows...beautiful.
    I think the pressure of painting every day is like everything else we have to do everyday...our mind rebels a bit. When I painted 422 daily paintings without missing a day, my mind had to find ways to make it exciting so I would set weekly goals and that helped a lot. It is not easy, but the thing to watch out for is painting just to get it done without the pleasure or stimulation. I came up with some tricks to help handle that. I think you have done a great job with this challenge, Helen, and the way you handled the paint of the last week or so has been a pleasure to see. You must be able to see and feel it yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. 422.........I am impressed. Yes this has been so worth it. I can see the difference as can my instructor, Sandra. It feels so good to have more confidence, to feel more in command of some of the basics. But I tell you, yesterday I was dragging! Tomorrow, I am sure will be better. That's a life lesson, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers Helen, it has an impressionist look to it.

    ReplyDelete