Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Number 22 Pomegranate

 
Day 22 of the 30 day challenge. I have always been afraid of tackling a pomegranate and decided today was the day. Do it. So I did. When I look at the painting here my main disappointment is that the very orange orange did not photograph well at all. It is, in fact, a blood orange which was fun to paint. This painting also turned out to be about shadows. I am going to leave it for now but will play with re-photoing it.

6 x 6
oil 










The studio wall is getting very busy..............



5 comments:

  1. Nice job on the pomegranate and orange Helen! That's a nice looking wall of paintings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors I see on my monitor. The whole thing glows. Your shelf is looking good. Will you take a day off when the challenge ends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you kept this in the same color scheme, well done !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having trouble with the photography as well - it's driving me crazy. The orange looks great to me - plays well against the red pomegranate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. It is wonderful how we support each other. Barb, I have Carol Marine's artbyte on taking photos. I will be revisiting it for sure!

    ReplyDelete