Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Number 21, Glass oh so warm







My grandson and I played with different colors today varying the background and the foreground in my still life set up space. Since I wanted  lots of color I won.  He just wanted to play.......
Gold and red. A very warm painting with just a little cool.
Needing one other object, I picked up a box of antique lures. This plug is very old and fun to paint. It doesn't look quite grounded but then maybe it drank what was in the glass.....
This is my first painting with glass in the foreground as a surface. Interesting. Reflections.
And Number 21

6 x 6
oil

1 comment:

  1. Color makes such a big and emotional difference. I like both the warm and cool versions but I am drawn to the colors in this one the most. So well painted too!

    ReplyDelete