Monday, December 03, 2012

A little of this and a little of that.........




This weekend was truly for a little of this and a little of that. For starters, when I just had to paint and not think so much about oughts, I grabbed a Santa from the mantle and painted.  He was made from a  very stiff canvas which did prove difficult to do. But I got to paint.

 



This is a 5 x 7 study of calla lilies done in preparation for an exhibit that is called White Plus One. If nothing else,what a great notan exercise. The work definitely has strong darks. I like the looseness of the top lily.


 



Here is the large red barn painting that is the end piece of the two smaller ones completed earlier. I do not often work this large, 16 x 24 or so, so the studies really helped me.  It needs a little more work, but not much. Almost done...........

 


I have always admired mixed media.  This is the first stage of a mixed media piece. I have laid down the first layer and all I know is that next there will be a coffee cup. How about "Ode to Morning" for a title! LOL
Great learning weekend.
Now for a softer Santa, the cup, fix the perfect arc above the red barn, keep reflecting on values for the white plus one......................

Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly got to paint Helen LOL ! Lovely display, I think Santa is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The santa is not only fun, but a good painting too! Love the calla lilies. Fab design. The larger barn painting is awesome. Really good.
    Not sure about the collage until you have finished it but I have something similar with a mug on the cartoons and I always have liked it.

    ReplyDelete