Friday, November 16, 2012

Needing to Paint



Home from vacation and just needing to paint. I did work on some exercises from class which I will post at a later date. This morning I wanted to paint, not fuss with anything else.  The resulting piece has too much medium which, I think, is why it looks so shiny.  I will leave it at what a great feeling to just paint, look  at values, play with colors. It looks like a rainy weekend so perhaps I will can revisit this particular set-up again. For now, mission accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you posting again, Helen.
    The colors are very pretty and on my end there is quite a glare, but it seems to all work together in beautiful harmony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous brushstrokes and colors. Great palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I like about this is the spontanity and the desire to use colors, and it is really beautiful and harmonious .

    ReplyDelete