Sunday, September 30, 2012

Color on the mountain




Here is that little scene from the Sonoma Mountains with much more intense colors. It gives the painting a very different feeling, not as peaceful but yes, more active and lively.

9 x 12
oil



My attempt at painting the mountains but losing them also. And how can you go wrong with red barns?
11 x 14
oil



This is my first study revised. It needed color and life. There.

6 x 6
oil


My last oak tree for a time. This one had way too many revisions. I got it, I lost it. Such is the way of some paintings. So I scraped, fixed and let it go!

11 x 14
oil

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, when we were living in the bay area, my husband and I liked to visit wineries in Napa and Sonoma. Your paintings reminds me of the good times. :) Thanks for commenting on my painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your adventures in paint. I admire your desire to search and experiment. We are alike that way. I really like the trees - both of them. great job!

    ReplyDelete