Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Number Three



Definitely the best effort yet. I changed my palette. The only colors used are alizarin, ultramarine blue and cad med yellow with white as needed. It seems to hold together well and is warmer than the phthalo blue palette. I think I just wanted warmer. My eye is going too often to the bridge so  perhaps the background is not greyed back enough. Art class is tomorrow so that is a good question to ask. The really good news is that I got to paint today!

9 x 12
oil

1 comment:

  1. It is good to hear you say you like this one the best and also the reasons why. Being able to define what we like and don't like about our paintings is so important - don't you agree, Helen?
    From my viewpoint I do like something about all of them so do not have a favorite.

    ReplyDelete