Friday, June 01, 2012

Walking the walk



Walking the walk really means painting the paintings. Honestly, I have been painting but I must also say that these Northern California allergies are slowing me down. It is the height of dry grass season and pollen is in the air.
I wanted a simple tomato painting and lo, I got myself into trouble midway through. Too much medium.  I think I should have scraped and started over but today is a work day for me so I pushed on. It will be good to see how it dries and the total effect of too much medium. The background reminds me of old linoleum.....not intended, I can assure you.

6 x 6




This is my second polka dot painting.  It is posted in the Challenge on Daily Paintworks but I did not blog with it. Such a fun challenge. How could a few little polka dots complicate matters so? My garden is going wild so more flower paintings are in the works.

2 comments:

  1. love the yellow polka dots within the purple background...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Polka dots are fun, for sure.

    ReplyDelete