Monday, May 14, 2012

One step at a time




Last week was a busy week for sure and I worked on lots of learning stuff that will not get posted here. You're welome.  Then on Friday I came home from work and I just needed to paint. Did not matter what,
just needed to do it. Quickly.  So I went out to the kitchen and picked up what was available. Always lemons around our house......and oh, a green apple.  This painting is also about shadows. I posted another one on Facebook that was shadows inspired the end of last week. I felt much better after painting. That is a very good thing.






One of my projects is to get more comfortable with painting from travel photos. They can seem overwhelming to me. Lots of editing to be done.  This scene in Ascona is from the very first day in Switzerland. I tried it once before and lost my dark pattern completely.  Here I have laid the darks down better along with including the hillside in the background. So while the figures remain stilted I am heading in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. great job - love them both.
    The fruit is a really strong still life with the blue shadows linking the lemons.
    Your landscape feels like a place where I have been before.

    ReplyDelete