Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The barn again.......


After leaving art class last week I felt the need to do more work on the barns but have them reflect more light and more fun. No more plain, boring barns here! The first little work is only 6 x 6 and done with yellows and greens with a great dark pattern traveling through the piece.  The lights are somewhat balanced with the more mysterious darks.  You know it is part of a building but not much more than that.





I also tried another color palette concentrating on shapes.   For some reason the green blues really appeal to me. They only suggest which is what I wanted. Warm and cool........




The Daily Paintworks challenge for this week is to paint a seated figure.  The suggested photo was very complicated and I am pretty new at figures so I went with one of my own.  Last summer Dennis, my husband, and I took our grandsons out to the beach.  So happy, just give him a pair of binoculars and a seat, any seat, and it is all good. It was a clear day and there was lots to see.
Wrong color for the shadow but so much fun to do.  This is my second attempt.....the first one was just practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment