Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Study, study



The last couple of days, I have taken the time to do little studies, getting to know a subject better. This barn is up at Boomtown, Nevada.  Travelling west, it is just past Boomtown. It  was ready to snow when we were there and bitterly cold. I took my pictures quickly.




There was this little red shed behind the building and lots of trees around. The landscape in the foothills behind was quite barren. Amazing how much color is in even the drabbest, dryest landscape. The shapes and the colors were what I was hunting for as I did these small studies.


And just in case you thought I might have forgotten........no way. Here I am playing with light but what I really need to play with is composition. How can I skew this? Interestingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment