Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year


Yesterday I had time to paint in the afternoon and so I finally painted the barn up by Boomtown on Hwy. 80 in a horizontal format which  really places the barn in the landscape. What's more fun, the big white barn or the two little red sheds?


In learning about taking a subject further and further, going in really close is lots of fun and hold lots of information.  This close up is almost abstract and is certainly a study of shape, shape, and shape.
 Can I go closer? What color is white? Was this the most interesting part of the barn on which to concentrate?


Back out to Seavy Lane. My friend has several old barns on her ranch. I loved this shot as they really play with each other. Once again, shapes. After photographing this and posting it, I can see some more work I want to do on it.  A work in progress.

Wishing you all a very happy new year full of peace and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment