Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Class today was fun....


I did this trike after class and discussing my first try with Sandra, the instructor. Her advice was to put my reference photo upside down and paint from that. Then I would be looking at shapes, not a trike. It really worked for me.  You are seeing it after one hour...it needs more but not lots more. That is the hard part.  It is also one of my larger paintings.  12 x 12 ,oil


I did revisit this little barn and now I am going to leave it alone and do another with a more exciting composition.  This is too sweet but certainly fun to do.  Maybe I need the upside down method again but with better composition.


This is really dark but it actually is a pretty dark painting. The fun today, as this is the one I did in class, was learning more about those trees I love so much.  I ended up pleased with the tree but the lowest part of the painting needs work......just a little excitement.
Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment