Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The process


More trees and how they develope.  This picture is of a pear (I think) tree in Valley Maggia. Actually it was in the tiny, tiny village of Brontallo. I loved the shape of the whole tree and the lovely arcs of the trunk  and branches as the tree reaches for the sky. 




So I just jumped in and created this little work. 6 x 6 and kind of abstract. Great negative shapes. Great trunk, wrong shape. I worked on it two different times.




Next I did this 5 x 7 in a less abstract form looking for the play of the lights and darks....
There is something missing here, probably in values but not really sure. So it will go to class with me tomorrow and we can all discuss it.



Then, after two paintings I decided to do a little study accentuating
the basic shapes found in the tree. Learning to really see this tree. The first study is on the left and then, with the orange background I did another. It is a fun one.  And so I learn.  And I still might like the very first one best!




This charming little village is called Foroglio which is in Val Bavona. Val Bavona branches off of the main road of Valle Maggia at Cavergno.  It is a village that has decided to not have electricity.  We heard a generator which is used for the restaurant but the people really did decide no electricity.



No better example of clean and neat could exist. Beautiful red geraniums everywhere.  And always, watch your step. As you can see, the depth of the stairs is never consistent. Nor could it be, made with the granite and other stones of the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment