Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Watercolors


The title Watercolors is just to keep you on your toes as you know I am now working in oils. Actually, I want to introduce you to my sister Barbara's watercolors. She is an outstanding artist who creates beautiful works with watercolors. This is the shelf in her studio where she has put several works she is pondering. Always food for thought.


Barbara's little dog, Chiko, done with a great balalnce of warm and cool colors. This work is also an example of working with complimentary colors. She captured the essence of  a napping Chiko perfectly.


Leaves, floating, resting.
This is only part of Barbara's work......you will see more here!
Her favorites are at the framers right now.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 AM

    Barbara, Barbara, Barbara: You have been keeping a secret! Your watersolors are georgous. I can not believe how you have so successfully captured "the living" Cheko. Just lovely! The pastel leaves seem to float in an air of softness. Can hardly wait to see more of your creations! Welcome to the GALLERY. I have SO ENJOYED Helen's art and especially as she thinks through the presentations with changes/alterations. Just Terrific! Imagine, two VanGough's in one family!! I love it! Keep creating, keep enjoying. richardm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:45 AM

    Damn! I have been told time and again to proof read before sending. AFter sending I found some mispelled words. Glad no one else viewing this comments knows who "richardm" is. richardm

    ReplyDelete