Thursday, July 21, 2011

More Studies


This week at class we were at Penry Park on Kentucky St with those lovely old homes facing us.  I did studies that took about 40 minutes each. The point of this is to learn the subject and decide if there is a picture for you there or not.  Here you see the first study. I love the vagueness of it but not so much the placement of the trees. More work on the composition, I think. The sides just look a bit unfinished but time was up!


Here is number two.  I tried to close in on the center area of the white house, include the cars which I did not have time for on number one.  I think the composition is much better, interesting shapes and wow, time was up again.  If I work with this time limit, I do not futz over small things.  Agonize might be a better word.  So next week we will visit the same spot and I will develope this street scene again.



Doran Park Beach is full of interesting and wonderful sights.  This little girls was walking along following Mom and siblings. She was soooo cute!  She is done here on a 5 x 7,but she would be fun to do larger also.



After the studies in my last post from early July, I did this scene of the Petaluma River, deleteing some construction, some buildings that were unnecessary. It was wonderful to have the studies for reference.I wanted to concertrate on the movement of the river.  The class critique helped immensely and now I am happy to view this piece of art. It is on 10 x 12 which is a good size to graduate to .


No comments:

Post a Comment