Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yikes, where does the time go?


 The yikes is all about the fact that Tuesday is March first!  Does February just slip by quietly and we don't notice!
My mom was right again.......time goes by faster as you age.

My new studies will involve flowers and I will vary the kind as my garden reveals itself this spring.
Of course, the first noticeable flowers are daffofils.  After doing a horrid painting, I decided I needed color!  And red it was. By the way, daffofils are really hard to paint.  They are full of shadows but yet so bright. Challenging is the politically correct way to say that.

6x6, oil, #1 in flower commitment



 And so here is the opposite of "color".  It is a bluish shade of black with red added.  And it turns out to be an ok backdrop for more daffodils. This painting shows their life and then lets them be.

8 x 10, oil, #2 in flower commitment



Here is another process picture.  This is how I started the painting I will work on this morning. It is a calla lily and I put down only very diluted green first.......just laying out what I wanted to say. Now for more paint and more color.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment