Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More works

 Here is my first attempt painting with oils. I am so used to my acrylics and boy oh boy, are oils a different genre entirely.  I stayed with a subject I had done before so I could concentrate on the paint, not the composition. Still love the boat but not happy with the color on it. 6 x 6

 Here is #2 try. It was lots of fun to do this size which is just over 4 inches by 12 inches.

This is a scene from the Sonoma Mountains with a little editing by me. Number three and I am learning a little more how to handle the paint. It is oil, 4.5 by 12 and conveys pretty well the serenity of the location.

#4, the Birdbath. I have done it so many times. This time I changed the angle which gave me a more interesting composition. Just laying down paint......6 x 6

3 comments:

  1. Candi7:55 AM

    Good for you! Oils are quite forgiving and so luscious. You will be hooked. I enjoy seeing your work even if it's on the computer.
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your boat #2 and Sonoma Mountain scenes. Me thinks you will be converted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love the scene from sonoma mountains. you have definitely found your passion me thinks!

    ReplyDelete